The London Mathematical Society has available grants to contribute to the costs of attending the ICM in Hyderabad this year. The application form is available here. Click the link “Travel grants for the 2010 ICM”.
You don’t have to be an LMS member. (But we’d like more members, so please think about joining. The LMS does a lot to support mathematics directly, and these grants are one example.)
The deadline is 30 April 2010.
Here are the guidance notes reproduced from the form. Don’t worry too much about #1 if you didn’t know about the Royal Society funding in time to apply for it.
1. Those who are eligible to apply to the Royal Society for an International Travel Grant
(www.royalsociety.org/funding) are first expected to do so before applying to the LMS.
2. Those who are not eligible for a Royal Society grant, or were unsuccessful in obtaining one, can use this form to apply for an LMS grant to providing they are (i) based in the UK, and (ii) involved in mathematics at postdoc level or above. The Grants are intended to contribute to the costs of attending the ICM, not to meet them entirely. You do not need to be an LMS member to apply for an LMS grant.
3. Part A of the form should be completed by the applicant; the form should then be passed to a Head of Dept or other senior person for the completion of Part B and submission of the form to the LMS.
4. Applications should be submitted by 30 April 2010 and will be acknowledged by email. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mid May.
5. Completed forms should be sent to:
London Mathematical Society
De Morgan House
57-58 Russell Square
London WC1B 4HS
6. Queries should be addressed to Isabelle Robinson (email. firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 020 7291 9977)