A new announcement from the London Mathematical Society below. Note the expansion in who is eligible and the 30 April deadline.
International Congress of Mathematics 2010, London Mathematical Society travel grants
- The London Mathematical Society has set aside funds to be used for making grants to support the attendance of UK-based mathematicians at the ICM in Hyderabad from 19-27 August 2010 (www.icm2010.org.in). The grants are not to support attendance at Satellite meetings.
- The Society would particularly like to support those mathematicians at an early stage in their career, including postdocs. PhD students whose research would benefit from attending the meeting may also apply but their applications should be strongly supported, with a clear mathematical case, by their supervisor. You do not need to be an LMS member to apply.
- Those who are not eligible for a Royal Society travel grant, or were unsuccessful in obtaining one (refers to applications submitted for their 1st February deadline only), can apply for an LMS grant to providing they are (i) based in the UK, and (ii) involved in mathematics at PhD level or above. The Grants are intended to contribute to the costs of attending the ICM, not to meet them entirely.
- Applications should be submitted by 30 April 2010 and will be acknowledged by email. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mid May.
- Queries should be addressed to Isabelle Robinson (email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 020 7291 9977).